Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Backsides and other suchiness

I haven't posted much about Madelyn yet, and that's been deliberate.  Mostly, I am very well aware of how easily it would be for me to devolve into a pile of mommy-mush and spend the rest of this blog gushing over the awesomeness of my daughter until I have neither readers nor friends left over.  But then, everything in moderation, my kid's gettin' talked about now.

A couple weeks ago Madelyn started patting herself in the crotch during diaper changes and insistently, and repeatedly, saying "Dada".  Shane and I looked at each other and burst out laughing.  Shane, you are SOOO going to jail!  It took me a couple of days to figure out that our incriminating child was really telling us about her diaper.  Madelyn's at the stage where most words consist of repeated consonant-vowel combos, so diaper sounds exactly the same as daddy.  Problem solver?  I taught her to call that her "bottom" (Bah, bah).   Amusing consequence?  She patted me on the butt the other day and said it.  Yes, that's mommy's bottom, Sweetie.  Next lesson is in personal space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...