Friday, February 25, 2011

Sound the trumpets, it's a celebration day!!

6 1/2 months ago, I started my weight loss journey. 6 1/2 months ago I was just over the line into the Obese range.  6 1/2 months ago, I can honestly say that I never really believed this day could come.  Because as of today, ladies and gentlemen, I am a healthy weighted person!  This morning's weigh in was an even 155, 36 pounds down from my highest, and the official number that puts me at a BMI of exactly 25.  Woo hoo! For those of you haven't had this experience, here's a fun fact:  Wii Fit plays a happy little tune when you're no longer "overweight".  Your avatar is no longer pudgy, and it calls you "normal".  It then suggests you shoot for a BMI of 22.  I haven't really been using Wii Fit much anymore, (these days I need a stronger workout than I did once upon a time), but it's still a nice weight tracker, so it gets used for that.

So I'm taking a moment to rejoice in this achievement, and then I'm moving on.  So, milestone-wise:  This is the weight I was when Shane proposed to me.  This is where I was a few days later when I bought my wedding dress.  Today is my first official day at a healthy weight since mid-summer of 2006.  That's over 4 1/2 years of being overweight, ending today.  Cheers to being done with that phase of life!!

But now is the moving on time.  I just can't wait to see the scale say 154.  And 150.  And then, to be closer to 100 than 200.  (For some reason, that specifically has always been a significant marker to me.)  But even more than all of that, I'm pledging right here and now to remain a healthy weighted person foreverandeverandever.  In the past half-year, I've learned self-control.  I've been able to maintain a healthy diet, and got myself in some of the best exercise-shape I've ever been in, despite the fact that I'm not yet at my thinnest.  For the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, I really know how to be a skinny, healthy person, and that's not going to change.

So big hugs and thank-yous to all of you for your support and encouragement during this past 6 1/2 months!  Biggest thank you would be for the hubs, but I don't actually think he reads this thing. :-)

Hope all of you find some reason to celebrate today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...