Monday, January 23, 2012

Too tired to live

I really should be heading out any minute.  I do, in fact, have work to do today.  But I'm so tired.  So, so, soooooo tired.

As of today I am 26 weeks and 4 days pregnant.  That means that this Thursday marks the beginning of week number 27 and trimester number 3.  The last bit, the long slow exhausting sprint towards the finish.

I think I'm an in-between person when it comes to pregnancy.  I definitely don't hate the experience like a lot of people do,  There are some parts that are amazing and fun and totally unique to this experience.  But on the other hand, I'm going to acknowledge that it's painful and exhausting and long and uncomfortable and frequently gross.  I'm sorry other pregnant people, but I don't think the pregnant body looks beautiful.  I think it looks puffy and weird.  No offense. There's something a little horror movie-esque about growing a human in your stomach, and despite all this talk of "pregnancy glow" most of us suffer more from acne, crazed heartburn and gassiness, bloating, and facial hair.  No folks, I don't care what you say, none of this is sexy.

I'm a little bit terrified of this last few months, because lying awake last night gave me lots of chance to reminisce through my last experience.  And what I reminisced was mainly this: having 20 people tell you EVERY DAY to "get your sleep now, because you certainly won't when your little one arrives!"  I'm sorry everyone who has uttered these words ever, but for me, the sleeplessness starts today.  I remember thinking, "gee, catching on sleep sounds like a BRILLIANT plan, if only I could get myself to go to sleep at night. Ever."

I'm sorry anyone who read this.  I know it's rambling and has that unpleasant feel of verbal diarrhea all over it, but this is the best I can do this morning. Now it's time for me to give my poor, over-caffeinated second child a little too much coffee so that I don't fall asleep behind the wheel.  I'm sure he'll forgive me some day.

In the meantime, folks, I hope that your thing adf and the fewf place and the adfcv,mfb∫ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...