Friday, January 20, 2012

Slight encouragement, new goals.

I made a couple of realizations between yesterday and today, and oddly enough, they have been positive and a little awesome.  As of yesterday, I am 26 weeks pregnant.  Not only 26 weeks pregnant, but 26 weeks pregnant with a belly measuring closer to 30 weeks.  Apparently my little guy (who is NOT measuring 30 weeks) needs lots of space in there for all of his dancing.

Anyway, here's the bright side (since been EXCEPTIONALLY large is certainly not the positive news): I've actually lost a couple of pounds this week.  No, I'm not trying to.  No, I'm not starving myself and putting my child in danger.  But I have been eating a little less this week, and I've been a good deal more active.  Finally, FINALLY, over the holiday slump, I'm getting a bit back to normal.  So instead of 172, this morning's scale proclaimed a dainty 169.

Okay, so maybe not dainty, and if you're curious, it's a good 15 pounds MORE than the hubs these days (the skinny jerk), but after bustin through the 160's in roughly 5.2 seconds, it was encouraging to see that number again.  OOH! And I haven't even told you the best part:

About a week shy of 3 years ago, when I discovered I was carrying my first little bundle of joy, I weighed about 2-3 pounds more than I do today.

So, you know. Booyah.

From roughly today's weight, I gained an additional 40ish pounds, to land finally at around 210.  If I gain 20 pounds from now, and then lose 20 right after the baby is born (which is what experience taught me happens), then my next big weight loss journey will begin around 170. Not, I repeat, NOT 190.  But also, if I can manage to restrain myself and gain closer to 10 more pounds over these next 14 weeks, then I can start my journey at only 160.  For my height, 160 pounds is 5 pounds overweight.  That's it.  So I guess what I'm saying is that, if I can manage to go easy on my food intake over the next 3 months, I might be able to wear tank tops this summer.

And no, if you're curious about this, I am not freaking gonna exercise.  I've tried it a few times and every single time I get painful contractions after, which the doctor says is normal since this is my second child but I believe is God telling me that I should not be attempting to bounce my giant self around all day and instead, should probably take more naps.  God's all about more naps. I'm sure of it.

Anyway, weight-wise I was a little give-upy when I signed in on Monday, so I thought I'd be a little more encouraging today.  Happy Friday everyone, and remember what God says about naps.  They're awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...