Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wow. Today is freaking amaze-balls.

Today is a monumental and incredible day.  Today is better than at least 80-90% of all other days.  Never mind that today is sunny and beautiful but not too hot and it's a Saturday.  Those things are all awesome, definitely.  B... Wait. No.  This is an emergency.

I just read a review of a replacement battery for the Roomba, something which I also need to purchase.  This review is done... in a poem.  It may be the best thing I've ever read in my whole life.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3JEPVD9EIT0A0/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R3JEPVD9EIT0A0

Anyway, I know those other things are awesome, and now that review was also awesome, but this day has a whole 'nuther reason for awesomeness.  Today, I am unemployed.  Well, disabled?  Well, home.  That's the point.  I'm home now, and I'm home until mid-July and it is in-foh-reaking-credible.   Today I finished my last work chore or two then emailed off the last things from the ridiculously long list of tasks my week had.  Then I went and played in the backyard with my daughter for 2 hours while my husband, who it should be said, is like, wicked sexy, cleaned the house.  The house, which had developed a mountain of laundry and a carpet of toys and strewn about blankets and things my daughter found in the office and decided to redecorate into the living room while I spent a week of days and nights glued to my computer screen and cell phone.

Last year when Shane and I went on an anniversary vacation, 3 nights away which was by FAR our longest trip away from our little girl ever, I remember feeling this uncanny sense of relaxation.  Like I weighed fifty pounds less and could kind of float, like those videos of guys walking on the moon.  I found myself spontaneously giggling.  Certainly we missed Madelyn, but to experience some real freedom from responsibility for the first time in almost two years, well, I felt lightheaded from it.  All this to say, I feel that same way now.

Okay, NO I don't feel 50 pounds lighter, sorta the opposite, but I feel freed.  I feel buzzed out on happiness.  I feel like, "yes, Madelyn, let's go outside and dance around to the music in our heads.  That's exactly how I feel too."

Sure, maternity leave is going to get super exhausting, especially during the 2 1/2 months when I actually have a new baby around.  But right now, thanks to my amazing tummy pinching doctor, who put me on leave because I was in a good deal of pain during my full work day, and who actually said, "You need to be home! You deserve it!" I get FIVE weeks now to hang out with my daughter, rest, clean, read, crochet, cook, and prepare for our new little guy.  I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate this transition from 3 person family to 4.  It's amazing and I feel like a new person.

I'm pretty sure this post is all rambley and difficult to read, and I'm sorry, but also, I'm not.  I'm way too happy to be sorry.  In fact, I think I'm going to have to go dance some more.  Adios suckers, have fun at your lame sauce JOBS all week.  Woo HOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...