Thursday, October 18, 2012

Every 10 Pound Pics, Version 140!

So me and the scale made nice again.  Because he decided to acknowledge all of the awesome dieting work I've been doing, and called me 139.4, and then DIDN'T immediately redact it and call me something a couple pounds heavier like he did yesterday.  The jerk.

But the point is, WE MADE UP NOW. So I'm not focusing on yesterday's sins.

Just in case you didn't notice the sly little drop I made there, I AM OFFICIALLY UNDER 140!!  Days like today, where a slightly different number on the scale accounts for a not so slightly different number in my mood, I'm entertained by my own emotionality.  A few days ago, when the scale once again proclaimed 141, or 142, or even up to 145 depending on the day, I'd started to ask myself "the questions".  So.... am I comfortable where I am?  How do I feel if I don't lose another pound ever, miss my ultimate goal by over 20 pounds, and just hang out here?  Would it even be worth working harder just to try and lose a few more pounds, or do I think  I'm good 'nuf here?  Once again, I'd started to doubt that I'd see any more pounds lost.  Then a few "encouraging" pictures, and a few days on a diet, and I'm feeling a little more "HECK YEAH I'm gonna lose 20 more  pounds and be the sexiest person in the whole world EVER!"  

Feelings are complicated.

This post is taking me a long time to write, because I had to stop in the middle because my daughter wants to be batman.  So I made her this:



Madelyn to everyone. Constantly.: "Hi! I'm Batman!"

Which is just to show how wicked amazing cool my toddler is.  The costumes at the store for bat-girls are pink.  And they have skirts.  That is lame, Batman would never wear a freaking pink dress.  So we improvised.

Anyway, so here's my brand spankin new bod.  Oh, and I'm not sure if this counts, since mean husband says that getting pregnant and gaining weight then having a baby means the weight loss from before doesn't "count", but from my previous non-pregnant weight-high, I've lost over 50 pounds.  And I think that's neat.  Woo.

Picture time:

Check out how much longer the strings on the shorts have gotten!  I haven't been pulling them tight or measuring or something, I just noticed that from these pictures.  Maybe though I'll start to use shorts-string length as an indicator of how well I'm doing.


Another achievement unlocked:  Pretty sure those shorts actually, finally, FIT.  Which makes today extra exciting.  Also, holy dang these pictures make me happy.  I know how easy it would have been to ignore my diet, to not take this stuff seriously.  I know, because I've been there, how incredibly easy it would be for my "now" pic to look exactly like the before pic.  It sure as heck takes a lot of work, but if you don't think that it was worth it, to look like this instead of that, to hear my doctor call me "young and healthy" instead of suggesting that maybe I need to cut back on fried foods and do some "mild to moderate exercise" (that was his favorite phrase once upon a time), if you can't see how every whiney, hungry, sore day has been worth it, well, then I think you're weird.  And wrong.  Cuz it is TOTALLY worth it.  And, if I do say so myself, I'm really starting to look pretty damn sexy.  Yep.  I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...