Saturday, February 22, 2014

Some stuff about my muscles

I can't quite remember the last time I felt so terrible and so awesome all at the same time.  After giving birth maybe? Different kind of awesome. Different kind of terrible.

Today was day 3 of the Guns, Buns and Abs journey.  I thought I'd post it here so that you can all be amazed at the incredible things I'm doing.  Or scoff at how pathetic I am for complaining so much about it.  Or just join me so we can suffer together.  Whichever one floats your boat.

Remember though, I AM adding an increasing amount of crunches to this routine as well.  This week was 50.  Starting Monday, it'll be 55.  Guys, I'm gonna have sooo many muscles next month.  It's, like, amazing.

In non-muscle-getting news, I went back to work this past week, which was supremely emotionally difficult for me. This is primarily due to the fact that I am a person who tries to overreact in every available opportunity to do so. Freak out aside, it's really not so bad. We're tightening up the budget and I'm only going to be out of the house for one really long and one really short day every week. Even at this though, after my first long-ish day away from home, the baby decided he no longer wishes to eat formula (something he's always been happy to take before, even when his pops and I spend and evening out and he's with his grandma). On a side note, it's neat to learn that painfully dramatic overreaction is most assuradely an inherited trait.

When I heard he wouldn't eat, I was heading home from my second day of work, and almost immediately had my finger on the call button, ready to quit my job on the spot.  MY BABY MISSES ME AND NEEDS ME AND HE'S GOING TO STARVE IF I HAVE TO GO TO WORK! Of course back in reality, the rest of us are going to starve if I DON'T go to work, so I guess this little dude's just going to have to get used to it.  The first two managed to survive it somehow.

I can say that, despite the emotional trauma, busier schedules, and bit of added stress, there might be some real benefits to out of the house work. It's kind of invigorating to go to a place, be asked questions you know how to answer, and to  have all of your attention focused on this one little thing. If I'm really honest, I'd say that I'm always excited on the drive back home, and that I walk back in the house more envigorated than I am on most other days. Not that I wouldn't prefer to stay at home, mind you, but you gotta find a bright side.  There's always a bright side.

Alrighty then.  Bed time for this night.  Hasta la vista.  Hasta la proxima vez. Hasta cuando tengo mas musculos.  Hasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...