Thursday, February 27, 2014

Mixed Results-- Mixed Emotions

Today is Day 8 of my 30 day experiment in Muscles.  And I'm not totally sure how to feel.  My weight's been hanging out steadily in my current lowish range (165-167) without jumping back up to 170 like I've seen after cheating in previous weeks, but without dropping either.  And today? 167.

Craaaap-tastic.

I had a pretty good idea that I wasnt going to be horribly pleased with the weigh in, and so decided I'd take my measurements, to see if there was another way to redeem the week.  And it turns out that YES.

After 1 week of squats, crunches, pushups and leg lifts, I've lost:

1/4 inch from my neck
1/2 inch from my belly
1 ENTIRE INCH from my waist

That's right.  After only 7 DAYS of this stuff, I've taken an inch off my waist.  And the 1/2 inch from my belly?  That's conservative.  I could've called it 3/4 inches.  So yeah.  I can't quite say it's been a bad week.

It should be noted, however, that I have lost exactly zip-diggity from the booty, thighs or upper arms. But in all likelihood, the booty is just not really going to go anywhere.  Some people are just more... bootyful than others.  And I am one of them.

I'm 12 pounds over weight.  I'm 40 pounds more than I'd like to be.  And it might be time to go for a couple jogs again and crank this baby up a notch or 10.  But whether or not the weigh-ins care to show it, the work is working.  The leg lifts make me want to cry and stuff, but it's working.

It's working.

It's working.

I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...