Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hurt so Good! Waaaaiiiit...

Admittedly, getting a root canal on the same day that I already knew I was getting a cold was not my best life decision.  In my defense, I was in a lot of pain.

The only thing is, right now, I'm in a lot more pain.  I think.  Pain is sometimes difficult to quantify, and I don't have one of those smiley face/crying face/oh dear lord kill me now face scales that doctors use.  On one hand, I can brush my teeth without screaming and seeing bright spots of pain in my  and throwing myself violently against the walls, on the other, my root canal pain has melded with my swollen lymph node pain to make it feel like I've stuck everything above my collar bone into one of those shop class vices, and am continuing to tighten it, despite my own screaming to stop. Why, oh WHY won't I just stop?!? ::sigh::

Last night I had the thought that it's been a pretty long time since I've felt so incredibly miserable.  Then I remembered that I just gave birth less than two weeks ago, and I figured I was probably wrong about that.

At this point, I started writing about the birth story, and about why I'm feeling more inclined toward adopting any future children than I've ever felt before.  I can't seem to get the words on the page, not sure if it's because I don't want to write about how flipping unpleasant that part was, or if I was just being super boring.  Probably just boring.

I will say this though.  I've been reminded a lot this past couple of weeks about how difficult it is to numb me.  I've also been reminded about how difficult it is to convince anyone in the medical profession of this fact.  But of course, they're not the ones who have to feel the live drills in their mouths.  They're not the ones experiencing nasty negative side effects of an epidural, while still feeling a great deal of labor pain.  And stop condescendingly asking me if it's "just pressure".  It's not "just pressure", unless pressure is a new word for things that hurt a lot.  Jerks.  Ah well.  At least they had the common decency to check and notice that "yes, I CAN feel that" before they stitched me up.  Yikes.

And that's all for now folks!  It's 3am and, although I'm not lonely (Matchbox 20 anyone? ... Anyone?) I do need to see if I can convince my son that going back to sleep is the best idea he ever had.  I say he, because convincing someone it was THEIR idea is the best way to get them on board.  Master's degree in psychology, thankyouverymuch.

Real quick: because it's 3am, have anyone of you seen this Tummy Tuck Belt thing?  Man, that looks awesome.  I want magic to come and take away MY belly fat!  ::Sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...