Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy 6 weeks!

Last Friday my bouncy baby boy turned exactly 6 weeks old.  Here's a picture so you can say awwwww:

Yeah, I know.  He's wickedly adorable.

But back to the reason for my crazy excitement today.  Today, I had my 6 week check up.  As of today, I am officially allowed to 1) Work out in whatever way I deem useful, and B) Go on a calorie restrictive diet.  According to Mr. Doctor (Who seemed especially happy that I was looking to lose the weight immediately) as long as I drink loads and loads of fluids, I can eat 1500 calories a day and lose weight and still feed my kid appropriately.  This is wonderful news to me, since the internet suggests you don't eat less than five million calories, most of which you get straight from exotic fruits and raw spinach leaves, or you're basically going to kill your baby.  According to my doctor, the internet has some information on it that may not be completely accurate, interestingly enough.  

So today is the first day of my new diet.  I am excited to have the official clearance, that maybe one day soon I can NOT feel all giant and jiggly again.

Oh, and as a side note, my kids are very very lucky that they are good kids and that they are cute.  Because seriously, they are doing TERRIBLE HORRIBLE things to my body, and otherwise, they might not have been worth it.



Okay, that sounded pretty mean.  Just so we're clear, I love my children very much and I do consider them worth it. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...