Thursday, June 28, 2012

Don't hate me because of my BMI score.

Because according to super scary HBO documentary, I am officially skinny enough to escape anti-fat lady discrimination.  Take that, stupid size-ists.

For those of you who didn't catch that particular post, I watched a documentary called Weight of a Nation (I think, sorry if I got the name wrong), which, to be honest, was ridiculously bleak on the whole topic of weight loss.  For example, apparently women experience various forms of weight-discrimination when they reach a BMI of 27.  Because apparently, humanity is a big ugly JERK.

Anyway, back to my happy, after yesterday morning's run I weighed in at 166, bringing me down to a BMI of a respectably tiny... 26.8.  And yeah, I really thought it was a fluke.  I figured I'd sweated off a pound or so that I would pretty quickly gain back after a glass or two of water.  But shock of all shocks, I woke up this morning to find that IT DID NOT COME BACK.  So I am doing a happy dance and drinking a victory cup of coffee and celebrating the first officially achieved goal of the summer.

Also- this is my good mood, rockin awesome celebration picture after the run.


It should also be stated that I'm starting to feel a little bit like a runner again.  I felt incredibly relieved when I hit my first mile and wasn't winded yet (something of a novelty these days).  I was also happy when I hit mile 3 and still hadn't quit out.  By 3.5 miles though, I had to walk due to a stupidly painful blister on my right big toe.  I ran another probably half mile later on, and made it home with 5 miles done.  My running pace is embarrassingly slow, averaging a 12.5 minute mile, but I'm cool with it.  Even that is actually an improvement over what I was doing a month ago, (closer to a 13.5 minute mile), so I know I'm moving in the right direction.  I ran my last half marathon with a 11.45 minute average per mile, I'd like to get that down to 11 flat by next April.

Let it be said, real quick, that I'm not starving myself.  I am on an appropriate diet and I'm exercising when I can.  I am officially doctor approved for everything I am doing here.  That being said, I'm about 2 1/2 weeks into weight losing, and I've definitely kicked it up this week, so seemingly gotten things moving for the first real time lately.

And this morning I weighed 163.4.

Yeah.  It's kind of amaze-balls.

If you're counting, that's 5 pounds down since Monday, and almost 10 pounds down since my first Monday weigh-in.  Now I know that this stuff can go up and down, and I might actually weigh MORE than this by Monday, in fact, I'd almost expect it.  But I'm staying on the diet, and I'm getting in shape, and bless the Lord, THE FREAKING SCALE IS ACTUALLY MOVING.

In case your curious, I've gotten past the part that is slow and depressing and sucks.  This is the part where it's awesome.  This is the part where every goal you have feels totally achievable.

Speaking of goals, it's time for me to write the goals that I already have in my head and in my Lose It App.  So here's some numbers for your calculating pleasure:

Top-end healthy weight for my height: 155

Pre-pregnancy low weight: 146

College-age low weight (achieved at age 20, during my 2 month stay in Japan): 128

Current weight goal: 120.

Yeah.  It's lofty.  No, it's not unhealthy.  Under all the chubs, I have a small frame, and for my height, this gets me a BMI of around 20, on the low end of the healthy range.  And yes, if I start getting all toned and muscular I will adjust my goals. From the start of this journey, I'm asking for a total weight loss of 53 pounds.

But here's the thing.  I'm turning 29 in October.  I don't want to be an okay version of myself.  I want to become the BEST version of myself.  I want some real, praise-worthy "after" pictures.  I want to wear a flipping bikini, and I want to look HOT in it.  I know I'm going to struggle to be thin for the rest of my life, because I am a human and because I am a girl and because I have spent too many years being overweight.  But if I'm GOING to struggle anyway, I'd rather struggle to maintain the 120's rather than struggle around 150.  That makes sense, right?

Okay folks, I'm off to play mommy and exercise and stuff, good luck with all your goals today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...