Monday, June 18, 2012

One week in!!

This morning marks one whole week since starting the diet, which means one down, the rest of my life to go!  Everyone say YAAAAAAAAaaaaa...aaaa...aa....ay?  And of course my weigh in this morning shows an official weight loss of

drum roll please....

brrrrrrrr ba dumbadumbadumbadumbadumbadumbadum...

Prettymuchnothing!!!! YEEEA... no, wait, that's a bad thing.  I retract my celebration and instead submit some pretty serious pouting.  Harumph.

Okay, so I think that on last Monday I weighed in around 173, today was about 172, so maybe I lost a pound or something. Yippidy freakin do.  This whole week I've been vascilating from 169 and 172, so being at the upper end there feels, ya know, not as good as I would like.

Oddly enough though, I'm not suffering from any level of depression with this whole working out, dieting, and not really losing weight thing.  As some of you already know, I've been here before.  Almost 2 years ago when I first started dieting, spending a week with no real observable weight loss was the thing that almost derailed me.  Cuz seriously, it kind of blows.

This time though, I do have a couple pieces of knowledge that I did not have then.  1)  I know about last time.  I know that pressing on eventually worked.  First two weeks: bupkis.  Next 8 months: 45 pounds, gone.  So, you know.  Worth it.

Number 2 piece of knowledge is even more encouraging:  This time, I'm already taking my measurements.  So this time I know that, despite the lackluster weight loss, I've already lost an inch on my waist and 3/4 inch around my kangaroo pouch belly.  So now I have to ask you, HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!? Totally crazy freaking awesome, that's how.

That's it for today, folks.  Here's hoping to see more number-movement in the next few days, but I'm not exactly holding my breath, as we have company coming over and I can foresee some diet-bending in my near future.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...