Friday, January 25, 2013

Diet Day Four... The Long Dark of Diet.

Today is day 4 of Diet.  Hunger, headaches, uncontrollable rage, all the symptoms are there.  Diet is mean.  But also there? The first baby signs of success I've seen since November.  So that's encouraging.  My lowest Then weight was around 136.  My highest January weight got up to 148.  Ouch.  And yuck.  12 pounds in 2 months is not an okay thing, I'll definitely have to learn how to be more responsible next holiday season.

Yesterday's official week weigh in was back down to 144, and today slipped a bit lower, 143.6.  Which means I have a MERE 16.6 pounds to go by May 23rd!  Teens pounds feel much easier to manage than twenties pounds.

And I gotta say, despite the occasions where I feel like I need to scream and die because depriving oneself something one wants is difficult, I'm feeling pretty good.  I'm feeling smaller, which is probably more psychological than actual, and healthier, which I believe is probably true.  Over Christmas and beyond I was starting to feel excessively muffin-toppish, and had begun avoiding all my hot new clothes and moving back instead to my older, larger, grungier garb.  Yuck.

So this week has been good, but today is a new trial.  I'm tired.  I have paperwork to finish and I'm still stressed about work and these things usually whisper in my ear that it's time to eat junk food.  And I've been known to appreciate that suggestion.  On top of this, there's a slight chance that today or tomorrow may have a date in it, and may have a restaurant in it, and that speaks of more danger.  I know it's not going to ruin my diet to have one bad meal, but if I don't figure out how to have a mostly-successful weekend, I'm going to spend the rest of my life re gaining and losing the same 5 pounds.  Which, by the way, GREAT way to do weight maintenance, TERRIBLE way to do weight loss.

Well the baby's napping and the toddler is resting, which means it's time for me to get to work.  Happy Friday, wish me luck for surviving this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...