Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's Zumba Time!

Weigh in day today says I'm at 144.  Which is not great because it wasn't so long ago (though it was a number of cheeseburgers ago) that I weighed 136, but is okay because last weekend I eeked my way up to 148.  I feel like I'm finally getting back on board for realskies, and I'm ready to undo all the damage I've done, plus get super extra sexy looking for the summer.

Except that at for this PARTICULAR moment, I may or may not be sitting next to left over baking chips and eating semi-sweet chocolate to my hearts content.

So maybe then I'm not quite ready after all. Maybe.

I started Zumba today, which was amazingly fun and made me feel amazingly ridiculous.  I learned that you don't have to be a good dancer to get good scores, you just have to be exceptionally wiggly.  Because during moves that involved no more than some basic neck stretching, moves at which I was spot-freaking-on thankyouverymuch, they thought my dancing was atrocious.  On the other hand, during dances where I got distracted and had to chase away my 3-year-old exercise saboteur, they thought my spastic "shooing" motions were pretty exceptional, dance-wise.  In other words, unless my parenting technique has suddenly become remarkably similar to the Samba, I'm afraid the hip-strapped Wiimote is not the world's most sensitive and responsive setup.

But dang if it isn't fun.

So it turns out I don't look attractive when I'm trying to dance, which sheds a little light on all those years of teenaged rejection, but I digress.  It's been a long time since I've been concerned about my attractiveness while dancing, seeing as I have been in love with only one person in my life and that person for almost 10 years and that person does not like to dance.  Which makes me think of THIS.  I'm not sure why, except that it's one of my favorite things on the whole internets and I may just turn this blog exclusively into links to funnier people doing funnier things.

Next week I think I'm going to measure myself around my belly button to see if the YOU On A Diet people would call me Obese.  I'm a little nervous because I think that yes they would.  First though, I'll have to find my tape measure which I keep hiding in very mysterious places because my daughter thinks it's a baby-brother lasso and she is becoming an increasingly good shot.

In the meantime, happy Thursday folks.  Go to bed, you've got work in the morning. Ooooh Yeeeaaaah.

2 comments:

  1. I need to find Zumba for xbox...we just got a Kinect for Christmas, so there has to be some creepy-body-following game that will make a competition out of dancing in my living room with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE. We don't have Xbox and can't get Kinect, but I hear it's pretty incredible for exercisey type things. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...