Friday, November 12, 2010

New Design

So, because my family is napping and I'm putting off some chores, I updated the design of the blog.  I think it's fun. Bright.  Sunny.  Pretty and great.  I am also aware that my blog is about(ish) yarn, and that the background now features spools of ribbon.  If this bothered you, then number 1, you're too picky, take a vacation, and # Dos, you're assumptions about my level of control in the design are overreaching.  They didn't have any pictures of yarn.  And I didn't get my own picture to make a background.  Maybe one day that will happen,  but this blog needs more evidence of staying power before it gets THAT much time and attention.

On to the yarn.

I've found a new problem with crocheting mittens: namely, you have to make two of them. "TWOOO of dem!"  Yes, I did just reference the best website ever- www.homestarrunner.com.  If you somehow haven't been there before, go to Strong Bad's emails, and you're welcome.  But back to the point.  I don't want to make two of them.  I don't want to do the same project twice.  I want to try something different, a different pattern or gauge or texture or size, or even a completely different thing.  It's not even like they take so long, I just don't care, I don't want to do it.  It feels tedious and repetitive and crazy boring.  The first mitten is a thrill, the second mitten is a chore. So at this point I've mad 1 set of mittens and 2 half sets.  This in itself may be the biggest thing inhibiting me to ever sell my things.  Unless there are people out there who are happy to have one hot pink mitten and one fuzzy purple mitten, or, let's say, a mitten and a half completed shawl....  Hey, they say there's a market for everything, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...