Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Metablog. It's gross, but it's here.

I've been thinking about blogging lately, mostly because, in a 1am fit of sleeplessness the other night, I started a second blog, as an aspect of my new company.  The reason I'm doing this is to add more features to that website ( www.agapeconsultation.com if you'd like to check it out) and to maybe give people a better idea of the kind of services I offer, as I probably can't legally advertise as "something like Supernanny".

But there's gotta be something else behind that, I know.  I've already been posting to this thing on a basically daily basis, and now I've given myself a SECOND venue?  WHY???

The answer's pretty simple.  Apparently I really really love to write.  I started weight-blogging as accountability for myself, but kept on doing it because to me, it's a lot of fun.

Not every post has felt worth my time.  I've written many more entries than any of you have read, because I found myself bored with them half way through, and chose not to finish them.  I'm assuming that if I can't find enjoyment in writing it, no one's going to be interested in reading it.  So you're welcome.  If you think THIS stuff is dull, just remember, it could be a LOT worse.

I love that there are people who read every stupid word I have to say on this thing.  I joke about my narcissism here, but truly, having readers is truly humbling thing for me.  It's kind of crazy to think that this activity which I find entertaining is for some way worth a few minutes of every day to some people out there.  Seriously.  Crazy-go-nuts.

My entire life, especially during those ridiculously emotional teenage years, I searched for a method of artistic expression.  I tried to draw, paint, write poetry, I'm not even sure what else.  To be honest, I felt cheated out of an emotional outlet.  What am I supposed to do when I'm sad if I can't write a beautiful song about it?  CRY???? Right.  So outside of my recreations of various scenes in Footloose (because every now and again, we could all use a good angry-dance), I guess I've finally found my outlet.  It's dirty, it's not artistic, and it contains periods of intense self-deprecation, but here it is.

Well, that's it for my metablogging.  I hope you all find your arenas for self-expression, and I hope even more that it in no way involves Kevin Bacon.  Buena suerte, and happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...