Thursday, April 28, 2011

Un-nooo! I mean, yes!!

Back from the brink, I have exercised and calorie counted my way back down to normal, otherwise known as 147-148.  Whew.  No more terrifying 153 like last week.  But that's not really what's on my mind at the moment, to be honest.  Because I can't stop thinking about Saturday.

13 freakin miles, yo!!  And yes, I ran that much a few weeks ago, but no one was watching then.  Or timing.  And is it possible I've already peaked?  My old lady knees hurt, and my arches ache now every time I run.  Urg.

Yes, I'm excited.  Yes yes, I'm glad I'm doing it, and yes I'll be proud of myself for having engaged in and completed my first race since I lost my second grade Turkey Run.  It was rough.  I don't like talking about it.

So that's about where my scatter brain is these days, along with trying to solve the problem of the eternally dirty floors.  For heavens sake, I've mopped and vacuumed twice this week already, and I'd wager a bet I'm not done.  Kids are amazingly messy.  Kids should create and then win awards for messiness.  But they won't, because they're far too busy just being messy.

Have a nice, clean pain-free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...