Sunday, July 22, 2012

Buzz buzz, you're still fat, buzz buzz.

That was my iPhone reminder that I haven't logged my caloric intake into my weight loss app today.  Maybe I don't WANT you to know what I ate today, iPhone.  EVER CONSIDERED THAT?!?

You're fat, stupid iPhone.

Another low point: my calendar just notified me that I have an appointment to weigh 158 pounds tomorrow morning.  It seems that I have absolutely no chance of making that appointment, unless, say, someone sneaks in and eats 5 pounds worth of my left butt cheek while I sleep.

If yesterday's donut-post wasn't sufficiently indicative, this weekend has been bad.  July, in fact, has been bad.  I started the month on a low, and if I manage to even log ONE flipping pound of weight loss by August 1, I'll have to consider it a win.  At this point, I'll take what I can get.

So all this to say, today, we learn a lesson:  If you surround yourself with "weight loss encouragements" when you're doing well, you've also surrounded yourself with "supremely harassy tormenting comments that make you want to break your expensive phone and karate chop things even though you have no idea how to karate chop so you look like a freaking tard" when you're doing less well.  So yeah, I've been appropriately shamed back into a diet and exercise regimen.  Which is another way of saying that I'm freaking starving and terrifyingly cranky tonight, thank you very much.

I've made some promises to me, and I don't like when I have to call me a big fat liar.  I have 8 weeks left to lose about 18 more pounds.  That's asking a lot, so we'll see how it goes.  I do NOT get to fall off the wagon anymore.  I'm pretty sure that if I do, the wagon is going to stop waiting and leave without me.  I have over 40 pounds left that I want to lose.  I want to run around 13 miles by the end of October, and I'd like to fit into some of the clothes that I currently own.

Oh, and also, I'd like to not look pregnant anymore.  Husband and I were wandering through a baby clothes store before we saw a movie on Friday (Dark Knight Rises MY FREAKING FACE OFF BECAUSE IT WAS SO FREAKING GOOD).  A woman came up to offer her assistance, and gave a very pointed look to my lower abdomen.  I sucked in my gut so fast I almost passed out.

So there you have it folks.  Lots of reminders to keep on this journey, since if you don't your electronics will mock you and sales people will make you pass out and probably die.

Buzz buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...