Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Mostest Frustration Ever.

Quick follow up on the shoes:  It seems that I forgot how to wear shoes.  At least ones with big high pointy backsides.  Once upon a time, my old shoes broke and then I didn't replace them and then I was pregnant and wore mostly flats so now it's been almost a year since I've had to walk on super pointy heels and it's not very comfortable and kind of difficult to walk.  The End.

Now, on to the real stuff.  Today was one of those days that practically force you to eat like, everything in the everywhere, and then go cry yourself to sleep.  After an awesome (yes, I said it, AWESOME) day for my diet/exercise life yesterday, today the total jerk of a scale CLAIMED that I had gained two pounds.  I don't even know how that would be possible.  I've been subsiding primarily off of fruit and coffee (thanks, lactose intolerance, you big jerk, for making it so I have to subside primarily off of fruit and coffee) and I barely sat down all day.  Then I had sugar free Jello, which of course is the saddest of all Jellos, for dessert.  And after all of that awesomeness, I gained weight.

My body is a total, complete, jerk.  My body is my enemy, nay, my evil arch nemesis.  My body has no desire to lose weight, whatsoever.  Today, my body noticed that I was starting to cut back on my calories, and the stupid midichlorians (or whatever they're called) told my body to stop the weight loss from happening.  So today, I weighed more, and felt super sleepy, and had cravings for everything everything everything that make pregnancy cravings look like... like... like times when you feel relatively ambivalent about your food intake.

I.
Want.
Some freaking ice cream.

I would also like to eat 5 corndogs.  My craving would specifically like 5 corndogs.

Today has come to an end, and praise the Lord, I think I survived it okay.  Surviving days like today, when it all feels like a big foh-reaking waste of time and you're smacked with cravings that knock you on your chubby lil' behind, is the absolute key to success.  Days like today are the days when almost everyone quits, almost every single time.

But there is a key, there is something to help you survive it.  It's your brain.

You KNOW you can lose the weight.  You know what you need to do to lose weight.  Don't let your stupid body convince you it's not working.  Don't let you tell yourself that you're "just not a person who can lose weight".  As far as I can tell (as I used to think I was that kind of person) that person doesn't exist.  Everyone who stops eating crap and starts exercising will lose weight.  Ask the anorexics.  Not that I'm recommending that as a lifestyle choice, but still.  How often do you find a fat one because she "just can't lose weight", right?

So buck up, dear friend.  Stand tall, give your bathroom scale the finger, scream and cry about how much food you wish you could have, and keep on keepin' on.  You know that you're doing the right thing, and even though it doesn't work some days, it WILL work over time.

Booyah, stupid evil body nemesis.  The bad guy doesn't get to win this one.

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely easy to let frustration and disappointment pile up over time and make someone feel like they can't possibly lose weight. The key is to stop seeing the worst case scenario, look at things as they actually are, and then allow yourself to see things better, right? However, you also have to tackle the things that got you to that weight in the first place.

    Tony Robbins explains that a need for comfort and certainty is one of our basic human needs--so if you go home and know you can dissolve whatever issues you had during the day through eating, the need is met. However, as you noticed, we can get caught in an unhealthy cycle where we know what we're doing isn't helpful for weight loss, but keep doing it out of want for that comfort. Take a look at this video: http://bit.ly/MgbN9w It does a great job explaining our different needs and how those sorts of habits develop--and more importantly, how to stop the difference between what we know we should do and what we end up doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you advertising for Tony Robbins in my comments section?? That is ABsolutely fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...