Saturday, March 12, 2011

Clip-mania!!

I've decided that I really want to get into this couponing thing. Yes, it's true, I'm easily moved to do whatever TLC tells me to do. This is also why I've lost 40 pounds, reunited with my long lost midget stepson, and got my heroin addiction under control.

But I've got TV and now in person friends telling me that grocery stores pay THEM to buy various products. I've just got to get in on this. No, I don't intend to build an Apocalypse-watcher style storehouse of boxes of cereal and cans of meatless chili. But man, if I can get someone to give me a few boxes of Cheerios for free, I'll take em.

*Bleep bleep* Public service announcement time: I really love coffee. I super duper lovey love face my morning cup of coffee. I don't drink much, typically I make myself one cup, and don't finish it before it has a chance to get cold. But for the past, well, since the fall, through winter to now, I've been drinking at least my half-mug of coffee every day. IT IS AWESOME. Part of this is because it staves off hunger when my breakfast bar won't hold me till lunch. But also because, well, it makes my morning get at least 2 points of extra happiness. It is a bit of a struggle making the baby wait an extra minute for her Oatmeal while I get my brew on, as she stands at my feet and calls out "Muh, muh, fwooooood!!" (The "muh"s are the noise she associates with tapping her fingers to her chin in the sign for eat). But despite the trials associated therein, I really do love that cup of coffee. It wakes me up and relaxes me all at the same time, and apparently, there's a good chance I've become addicted. I have NO idea how I'm going to handle it if I get pregnant again some day. Yikes-amoley.

AND I'M BACK. On one hand I've been avoiding this move (toward becoming a Clipper), simply because I don't appreciate the false-deal encouragement to buy a brand name item with a coupon that's somehow STILL more expensive than the store brand stuff. This has honestly been my experience with coupons so far. But on the other hand, I'm a big fan of the deal, and my budget always has room for free stuff, and frequently has room for cheap stuff.

So my next chore for today is to head to Walmart and buy some printer ink. I hear you yelling that paying for ink alone will cost more than I'll probably save despite my couponiest shopping attempts, but chill. I need ink by Monday anyway. Then I'll be headed to Target, who allows you to combine 1 store coupon with 1 manufacturer coupon. And because I've about memorized the prices of all of my regular Winco purchases, I should have no problem figuring out if I'm getting a real deal.

So that's it for now folks, hope your Saturdays are all as adventure-filled as mine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...